Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Superbad

Screened "Superbad" last week and then took my boyfriend to it, for a second helping.

I'll admit, I'm an Apatow & Co. fan - Freaks and Geeks is by far my favorite tv show and I loved this summer's "Knocked Up" and 2005's "40 Year Old Virgin." With those in mind, I guess I was expecting more of a plot, more substance. Although Superbad wasnt what I was expecting, it was still pretty funny.

Seth and Evan have been best friends and rarely seperated, but as their senior year comes to an end, they start to face seperation anxiety as in the fall they'll be attending different colleges. In their last ditch effort to attend a graduation party together and get laid they set out on a quest to get booze for the party, after learning a tag along friend, Fogel, is getting a fake ID. What we see is the misadventures of the threesome as they attempt to get the booze and get to the party, which includes multiple run-ins with 2 bumbling cops who just want to have fun.

However, like all Apatow productions, it's got heart.

Think American Pie meets Harold and Kumar with a soundtrack set to the 70s.

Like I said, it was funny, and you can probably relate to some of it if you've been through high school or been an underager trying to get booze and party, it just wasn't the movie I was expecting to see when I sat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment